If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at email@example.com.
The API access is disabled by default. To enable it, create an integration user & password for use with Basic Authentication by following the steps below.
- SSH to your SkyFormation machine, login as root.
- Type the command docker inspect sk4_conf
You will get a Json result which will include the mapped location of the sk4_conf volume under the "Mountpoint" key.
root@ip-172-31-38-29:~# docker inspect sk4_conf
- cd into the directory mentioned in the mountpoint value, for example:
root@ip-172-31-38-29:~# cd /var/lib/docker/volumes/sk4_conf/_data
- Make a backup copy to the file shiro/client-shiro.ini by typing
cp shiro/openapi-shiro.ini shiro/openapi-shiro.ini.orig
root@ip-172-31-38-29:/var/lib/docker/volumes/sk4_conf/_data# cp shiro/openapi-shiro.ini shiro/openapi-shiro.ini.orig
- Edit the file shiro/client-shiro.ini as described below to add as many read only or admin users as you please.
To add basic authentication read only integration user:
In the file
[users], add a new line with
username = passwordformat
mynewuser = somepassword
To add basic authentication admin integration user:
In the file
[users],add a new line with
username = password,integration-adminformat
mynewuser = somepassword,integration-admin
* You can add multiple integration users, both read only and admin users
bob = bob123
alice = alice123,integration-admin
Here we've defined two integration users, bob as read only integration user and alice as an integration admin
- Restart the SkyFormation app by running the command
sudo service sk4compose restart