If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SkyFormation support operate a service where customers could send their SkyFormation log files to whenever needed for support/debug/diagnostics of any SkyFormation app issues.
The below script was build to allow a simple one click procedure that will collect the relevant SkyFormation log files, archive them and send them to the SkyFormation support service in a secure way, for further support/diagnostics needs. Please use the below script only if such remote support is needed and coordinated with the SkyFormation support team before.
The SkyFormation logs collected by the below script will be sent to the SkyFormation support service at: https://report.skyformation.net. For maximum security measures the logs will be encrypted before send, and the transfer will be done on an encrypted channel (SSL).
SkyFormation support team will not be able to access the logs sent to its service, unless the person executing the script will share the encryption key/password used to encrypt the logs with.
How the script works
- Create an archive of the entire skyformation app logs
- Create an encryption password
- Encrypt the created archive using the encryption password
- Upload the encrypted archive to the SkyFormation diagnostic cloud service
Running the script (follow the below steps)
- Run the following command in an ssh shell on the SkyFormation app machine
sudo bash -c "$(curl -L https://reportlogs.skyformation.net/v1/logs/collect.sh)"
- When prompted for "report code" insert the code provided by SkyFormation (usually the ticket number, i.e. 12345)
You should see the below line with the password created for the encryption of the created logs archive.
- Notify SkyFormation support that a diagnostic file was uploaded and send the password created above, so they could decrypt the archive.