If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at email@example.com.
The goal of this guide is to add SkyFormation's GitHub Connector to your SkyFormation Platform to monitor either:
- Your Enterprise GitHub server
- Your Cloud based GitHub service (entire cloud editions supported)
The GitHub connector supports two authentication methods. Basic (BasicAuth) and OAuth2.
We highly recommend using OAuth2 authentication over Basic authentication due to its improved security measures. Additionally, Github recently announced it will be deprecating the basic authentication method by Nov 13 2020. If already have an existing github connector with basic authentication configuration, follow the steps below to change to auth2.
- Allow access to your GitHub server/service (*.github.com) addresses over SSL from
the SkyFormation VM
- personal token. To get your personal token please follow How-to: Get an OAuth2 "personal token" in GitHub
1. Logon to your SkyFormation Platform
2. Navigate via the left navigation panel to "Settings" section
3. Navigate via New Settings left navigation panel to "Accounts" section
4. Click the "Add Account" bottom
5. At the "SELECT SERVICE TO ADD" choose "GitHub"
You will see the below screen:
5. Choose from the list the tenant to attach the connector to
6. Fill in the following information:
- Account Name
Give the GitHub connector a meaningful name for you. This will become your
connector's name displayed in the SkyFormation platform and added to the entire events
retrieved from the connector and sent to your SIEM/Log server.
Add any text that describes the specific service/connector's function and meaning for the
e.g. "Cloud service GitHub for corporate source control "
7. Choose oauth2 as the authentication method to use. Basic authentication is deprecating on Nov 13, 2020 so is not recommended.
- Fill in the "Personal Token" field With the token provided by your GitHub admin.
8. Fill in your GitHub server/service "Host Name"
If you are using an Enterprise GitHub server put your GitHub server address
If you are using a cloud based edition of GitHub put github.com
9. Test the settings correctness:
Press the "TEST CONNECTION" button
If you see a green OK sign appears as above you have completed the onboard successfully.
- Click "SAVE" button
10. Start the new connector
When a new cloud connector is added its default state is STOPPED.
To start it press its START button.