This guide will help you to collect the needed information to add an EventHub endpoint to your existing SkyFormation for Azure connector .
* Outgoing connectivity to <eventhub namespace>.servicebus.windows.net - for each EventHub namespace that needs to be monitored.
In versions prior to 2.5.86 - ports 5671, 5672
In versions 2.5.86 onward - port 9093
(1) Take a note of the name of the consumer group of the EventHub:
- Navigate to the EventHubs namespace in which the EventHub with your data to retrieve resides.
- Select the EventHub where your data to retrieve resides.
- Navigate to "Consumer groups" to get the name of the "consumer group" needed.
If only SkyFormation is going to read data from the EventHub then you can use the default
consumer group, otherwise create a dedicated consumer group for SkyFormation.
a queue, so if 2 consumers are using the same consumer group both will miss data.
(3) Create a SAS token with listen-only permissions for SkyFormation to use:
- In the EventHub navigate to "Shared access policies"
- Click "+ Add" to create a new Policy
- In the "Add SAS Policy" screen check the "Listen" permission
- Name the token as you wish (i.e. listenonly) and when done press the "Create" button
- After the "Creating SAS Policy" successful message enter the policy just created again
and take a note of:
a. The SAS policy name
b. The Primary key value
You are ready to configure your SkyFormation EventHub endpoint in an existing SkyFormation Azure connector.