If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steps to onboard the connector to SkyFormation app
The goal of this guide is to add a new SkyFormation for Workday connector to your SkyFormation Platform.
To add the Workday connector to your SkyFormation app, you will need to have the following Workday account's information at hand:
For the Web Services data sources
This connector uses Workday Web Services
- Username - A service account username - it is best-practice to create a dedicated Integration System User (ISU).
Workday's ISU guide
- Password - Password for the integration user
- WSDL Base URL - Base URL for the Web-Services for your tenant. e.g. "https://services2.myworkday.com/ccx/service" Obtain WSDL Base URL
- Tenant name - Your tenant's name. e.g. "ourcompany"
Tenant name is found in the URL when you are logged into Workday. E.g., if the URL of your Workday tenant is https://impl.workday.com/ourcompany/d/home.html then the tenant name is "ourcompany"
- Navigate to the "Create Integration System User" task and configure a Workday user account for the integration.
- Set "Session Timeout Minutes" to 0
- Check the "Do Not Allow UI Sessions" box, to disable interactive (UI) sessions for this user
- Optional: To avoid integration errors caused by expired passwords, prevent this integration user password from expiring. Navigate to the "Maintain Password Rules" task and add the ISU to the System Users exempt from password expiration field.
Obtain WSDL Base URL
Follow Workday's guide to obtain the WSDL URL for a service, i.e. Identity_Management.
Truncate the result so only to have the part until the service.
Assign the policy
|Operation||Domain Policy||Functional Area|
|View Only||Identity Management||System|
Steps to onboard the connector to SkyFormation app
Logon to your SkyFormation Platform:
Navigate via left navigation panel to "Settings" section
Navigate via New Settings left navigation panel to "Accounts" section
Click the "Add Account" button
At the "SELECT SERVICE TO ADD" choose "Workday".
Fill in the information as obtained in the prerequisites: Username, Password, Tenant Name, WSDL Base URL
At this point you can click on "TEST CONNECTION" to make sure the connection is set up successfully, or just click on "DONE".
Start the connector and make sure that the status becomes "OK" after a few seconds.