SkyFormation Helpdesk: email@example.com.
Broadcom’s Symantec Email Security is a cloud-based email security service that protects organizations’ mailboxes from email viruses, spam, malware, and targeted attacks by filtering unwanted email messages. The email security service blocks email threats such as ransomware and spear phishing. Additionally, Symantec Email Security offers data loss prevention and policy-based encryption control that helps to discover, monitor, and secure data across cloud, mobile, network, storage, and endpoint systems. For more information visit the Broadcom Symantec Documentation.
The following table displays audit source API and security events supported by the connector.
Audit source API and security events supported by the connector
Audit Source: API
Service or Module Covered
Email data feed
Data for all clean email messages that are delivered and the messages that are suspected to be malicious
Before you configure the Symantec Email Security connector you must obtain the Symantec Email Security account information, including the user name and password. Use an existing user account that has View Statistics permission for the Email Threat Detection and Response service. Or, create a new user account that has View Statistics permission for the Email Threat Detection and Response service. Note the user name and password for the user. For more information see the Symantec Email Security Documentation.
Configuring the Symantec Email Security Connector
To configure the Symantec Email Security connector to import data into the SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform:
- Log in to the SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform with your registered credentials.
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts > Add Account.
- Click Select Service to Add, then select Symantec Email Security from the list.
- In the Accounts section, enter the required information.
- Account Name – Specify a name for the Symantec Email Security connector. For example, Corporate_Email_Security.
- Description – Describe the Symantec Email Security connector (optional). For example, Email security to protect mailboxes and prevent data loss.
- Username – Enter the Symantec Email Security user’s user name, that you obtained while completing prerequisites.
- Password – Enter password for the Symantec Email Security connector user, that you obtained while completing prerequisites.
Note: Required fields are indicated with a red bar.
- Click Test Connection to confirm that the SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform can communicate with Symantec Email Security.
- Click DONE.
The Symantec Email Security connector is now set up and connected to the SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform to collect data.
- To ensure that the connector is set up and ready to send and collect data, click Start to start the connector and check if the status shows OK.