If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at email@example.com.
Secure Web Gateway delivered as a cloud security service.
The main challenges and needs are to:
- Get all audit events and alerts from Symantec WSS cloud service into your SIEM/Log management system.
- The granular alerts and events should be available at the organization’s central log or event management system for compliance, investigation or forensic needs.
What is it
SkyFormation for Symantec WSS Connector is part of the SkyFormation Collect (c) module.
It continuously retrieves events and alerts from the different sources/APIs in the Symantec WSS cloud account and sends the events in a unified format to any existing SIEM/Log management system.
How it works
SkyFormation for Symantec WSS Connector retrieves the events from the Symantec WSS service through its APIs. Before sending the events to the existing SIEM/SOC system the connector will
- Unify the events into the SkyFormation unified application events format
- Embed the origin event into the SkyFormation event as a blob
- Parse the origin event into a set of dedicated key-value fields
- Enrich the event with detection context (e.g. AD identity information)
- Encode the resulted event into the target SIEM/SOC system standard format (e.g. CEF)
- Send the event to the existing SIEM/SOC system over syslog
Connector's API/Audit Sources & Events Supported
|Audit Source (API)||Service/Module Covered||Event Included|
|SyncAPI||secure web gateway access logs|
How to on-board Symantec WSS Connector to SkyFormation app