If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of this guide is to add a new SkyFormation for CB Defense connector to your SkyFormation Platform.
To add the CB Defense connector to your SkyFormation app, you will need to have the following CB Defense account's information at hand:
- Unique API Secret Key of type “API” (previously API Key) and Unique API ID (previously Connector ID).
How to obtain an API Secret Key and API ID:
- Log into your PSC Organization.
- Navigate to Settings > API Keys.
- Click “Add API Key”.
- Configure the required details. Note, access Level should be "API"
- Obtain your API Secret Key and API ID pair.
- API Hostname
The connector requires an API URL, which is accessible through a special hostname assigned to your organization by Carbon Black for your CB Defense.
The Skyformation connector pulls data using the API "CB-D" and service category "
The hostname, corresponding to this Service is: https://api-<environment>.conferdeploy.net/
Examples for the "environment" parameter include:
For more information on CB refer to:
Steps to onboard the connector to SkyFormation app
1. Logon to your SkyFormation Platform:
2. Navigate via left navigation panel to "Settings" section
3. Navigate via New Settings left navigation panel to "Accounts" section
4. Click the "Add Account" bottom
5. At the "SELECT SERVICE TO ADD" choose "CB Defense". You will see the following screen:
6. Fill in the following information:
- Account Name
Give the CB Defense connector a meaningful name for you.
This will become your cloud app connector name displayed in the application and the
events sent to external systems as SIEM/Log management.
e.g. "Corporate Endpoint Security"
Add a text that describes the CB Defense service for you.
This is an optional field.
- Connector ID
Enter the API ID - Account unique ID retrieved at the prerequisite section.
- API Key
API Secret Key - API access unique key of type "API" retrieved at the prerequisite section.
- API Hostname
The "api-<environment>" part of the api hostname url specific to your organization, retrieved at the prerequisite section.
If your organization hostname url is https://api-prod02.conferdeploy.net/, then API Host Name field should be "api-prod02"
7. At this point, you can click on "TEST CONNECTION" to make sure the connection is set up
successfully, or just click on "DONE".
8. Start the connector and make sure that the status becomes "OK" after a few seconds.