If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at email@example.com.
The goal of this guide is to add a new SkyFormation for CB Defense connector to your SkyFormation Platform.
To add the CB Defense connector to your SkyFormation app, you will need to have the following CB Defense account's information at hand:
- Unique API Key of type “API”
SkyFormation CB Defense connector only requires access level of "API" key type as defined by CB Defense at the link below.
To get the API key the CB Defense admin should follow the guide at:
The CB Defense admin should set up a CB Defense API Connector in CB Defense Dashboard app under the Settings/Connector menu option. Defining a connector will provide the needed API key and the Connector ID needed (see below).
The CB Defense administrator can restrict the use of the created Connector and its API key only to a specific set of IP addresses for better security. We recommend restricting only to the SkyFormation machine address if the API is used only by SkyFormation app.
- Unique Connector ID
To get the Connector ID, follow step 1. and the connector created with its unique ID.
- API Hostname
The connectors and integrations might require an API URL, which is accessible through a special hostname assigned to your organization by Carbon Black for your CB Defense.
To find your organization’s API hostname, please refer to this KB article.
For more information on CB connectors and their URL see:
Steps to onboard the connector to SkyFormation app
1. Logon to your SkyFormation Platform:
2. Navigate via left navigation panel to "Settings" section
3. Navigate via New Settings left navigation panel to "Accounts" section
4. Click the "Add Account" bottom
5. At the "SELECT SERVICE TO ADD" choose "CB Defense". You will see the following screen:
6. Fill in the following information:
- Account Name
Give the CB Defense connector a meaningful name for you.
This will become your cloud app connector name displayed in the application and the
events sent to external systems as SIEM/Log management.
e.g. "Corporate Endpoint Security"
Add a text that describes the CB Defense service for you.
This is an optional field.
- Connector ID
Account unique Connector ID retrieved at the prerequisite section.
- API Key
API Key - API access unique key of type "API" retrieved at the prerequisite section.
- API Hostname
Your organization's API hostname retrieved at the prerequisite section.
7. At this point, you can click on "TEST CONNECTION" to make sure the connection is set up
successfully, or just click on "DONE".
8. Start the connector and make sure that the status becomes "OK" after a few seconds.