SkyFormation helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rapid7 InsightVM is an advanced vulnerability management analytics and reporting solution from Rapid7 which uses the Rapid7 Insight platform. Using the cloud-based security and data analytics platform, Rapid7 InsightVM collects vulnerability data and provides live vulnerability and endpoint analytics. Rapid7 InsightVM provides visibility into the risks caused by network footprint, including cloud, virtual, and endpoints. For more information see the Rapid7 InsightVM product information.
The following table displays audit source API and security events supported by the connector.
Audit source API and security events supported by the connector
Audit Source: API
Service or Module Covered
Rapid7 InsightVM vulnerability reports
Before you configure the Rapid7 InsightVM connector you must complete the following prerequisites:
- Obtain the username and password of a Rapid7 InsightVM user that has an assigned role with the following permissions:
- View Site Asset Data
- Manage Policies
- Manage Reports
- Manage Sites
You can use an existing Rapid7 InsightVM user or create a new user. For more information about creating users and assigning roles, see the Rapid7 InsightVM documentation.
- Obtain a URL, in the format https://<host>:<port>, to access InsightVM security console. Because Rapid7 InsightVM is an on-premise service, the host is the IP address of the computer where Rapid7 InsightVM is deployed. The port is the UI port of Rapid7 InsightVM. By default, the value for the port is 3780.
Configuring the Rapid7 InsightVM Connector
To configure the Rapid7 InsightVM connector to import data into the SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform:
- Log in to the SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform with your registered credentials.
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts > Add Account.
- Click Select Service to Add, then select Rapid7 InsightVM from the list.
- In the Accounts section, enter the required information.
- Account Name – Specify a name for the Rapid7 InsightVM connector. For example, Corporate vulnerability management.
- Description – Describe the Rapid7 InsightVM connector (optional). For example, Rapid7 InsightVM advanced vulnerability management analytics and reporting solution.
- User – Enter the Rapid7 InsightVM user’s user name that you obtained while completing prerequisites.
- Password – Enter the password for the user, that you obtained while completing prerequisites.
- URL – Enter the URL that you obtained while completing prerequisites.
Note: Required fields are indicated with a red bar.
Click Test Connection to confirm that SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform can communicate with Rapid7 InsightVM.
The Rapid7 InsightVM connector is now set up and connected to the SkyFormation Cloud Connector platform to collect data.
- To ensure that the connector is set up and ready to send and collect data, click Start to start the connector and check if the status shows OK.