If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of this guide is to add a new SkyFormation for Rapid7 InsightVM connector to your SkyFormation Platform.
To add the Rapid7 InsightVM connector to your SkyFormation app, you will need to have the following Rapid7 InsightVM account's information at hand:
- User & Password
These are the credentials of a Rapid7 InsightVM user the SkyFormation connector will use to interact with the service APIs.
Your API User must be assigned appropriate role, which will include such granted permissions :
full access to report management
Assets, sites, policies viewing.
You can use an existing user or create one in your Rapid7 InsightVM for the SkyFormation connector.
To get more user management information you should follow the guide at:
- URL (to your InsightVM security console)
Must be used in form https://<host>:<port>
Steps to onboard the connector to SkyFormation app
1. Logon to your SkyFormation Platform:
2. Navigate via left navigation panel to "Settings" section
3. Navigate via New Settings left navigation panel to "Accounts" section
4. Click the "Add Account" bottom
5. At the "SELECT SERVICE TO ADD" choose "Rapid7 InsightVM". You will see the following
6. Fill in the following information:
- Account Name
Give the Rapid7 InsightVM connector a meaningful name for you.
This will become your cloud app connector name displayed in the application and the
events sent to external systems as SIEM/Log management.
e.g. "Corporate Vulnerability Management"
Add a text that describes the Rapid7 InsightVM service for you.
This is an optional field.
API User name retrieved at the prerequisite section.
Password retrieved at the prerequisite section.
Your Rapid7 InsightVM console URL retrieved at the prerequisite section.
7. At this point, you can click on "TEST CONNECTION" to make sure the connection is set up
successfully, or just click on "DONE".
8. Start the connector and make sure that the status becomes "OK" after a few seconds.