If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at email@example.com
The goal of this guide is to add a new SkyFormation's Google Cloud Pub/Sub Connector to your SkyFormation Platform.
- Have someone with Google Cloud Platform admin right perform the below steps
- Allow connection from the SkyFormation machine to *.cloud.google.com
- Have a logging sink, either at the project level or at a folder of organization level (depending on the data you want to export), configured to export its data to Pub/Sub. For more information please see https://cloud.google.com/logging/docs/export#sink-terms
- Have a subscription for the Pub/Sub topic to which the logs data is exported
Google Cloud Platform Configuration
- Create a service account in the project in which the Pub/Sub subscription has been created
- Create a JSON key for the service account
- Assign projects.subscriptions.consume permission over the Pub/Sub subscription to the service account
Adding the SkyFormation Cloud Connector
- Logon to your SkyFormation Platform
- Navigate via left navigation panel to "Settings" section
- Navigate via New Settings left navigation panel to "Accounts" section
- Click the "Add Account" button
- At the "SELECT SERVICE TO ADD" choose Google Cloud PubSub
- You will see the below screen:
Fill in the following information:
Give the Google Cloud Pub/Sub account a meaningful name for you.
This will become your cloud app connector name displayed in the application and the
events sent to external systems as SIEM/Splunk.
Add a text that describes the Google Cloud Pub/Sub account for you.
The project ID in which the Pb/Sub subscription was created
The subscription ID for the Pub/Sub topic to which the logs data is exported
- Number of Parallel Streams
Leave the default 4 for start. If the connector is not pulling logs fast enough this number can be increased
- Number of Processing Threads
Leave the default 1 for start. If the connector is not processing the received data fast enough this number can be increased
- Max Outstanding Elements
Leave the default 512 for start. Advanced configuration only.
- Max Outstanding Bytes
Leave the default 33554432 (32MB) for start. Advanced configuration only.
Copy&Paste the JSON key created for the service account (please make sure JSON is valid and no additional white characters were copied
Click "TEST CONNECTION"
IF you see "connection OK" in green your configuration works as expected.
- Start the account
Your are done !