The goal of this guide is to provide steps to revert a CC environment to a previous version. This process will probably be executed after an upgrade process.
This process will delete the current volumes (and data) and will use the data saved prior to the upgrade (old CC version, volumes, configurations). This means that if you performed changes in the configurations after the upgrade they will be lost.
The revert process is not supported from the same version as the old one, but it may be forced by using the flag --revert_same_version (see "flags" section)
- Please make sure you have a "backup directory". This directory is created prior to the upgrade process. The script will use this directory to roll back your system to its previous state.
- Run the "revert.sh" script in the following way:
- Command to use if you have no proxy
sudo bash -c "$(curl -L https://download.skyformation.net/v2/download/installer/edge/revert.sh)" $@ 2>&1 | tee "revert-at-`date --iso-8601=ns`.log"
- Command to use if you have a proxy (enter your proxy instead of https://proxyserver:8080)
sudo bash -c "$(curl -x https://proxyserver:8080 -L https://download.skyformation.net/v2/download/installer/edge/revert.sh)" $@ 2>&1 | tee "revert-at-`date --iso-8601=ns`.log"
3. You should see the message "The system has been reverted to its original state" when the process completed.
Note: you may use the flag -b or --backup_dir: backup directory for the configurations before the upgrade, for example:
curl -L https://download.skyformation.net/v2/download/installer/edge/revert.sh > revert.sh
chmod +x revert.sh
sudo ./revert.sh --backup_dir=/opt/exabeam/backup
If you will not use the flag, the script will prompt you to enter the backup-dir with the message:
"This script should be executed after upgrade / backup process. Please enter the path of the backup directory:"
- --revert_same_version - using this flag will force a revert to be executed if you are interested in a revert from the same version as the old one. Note: this is not recommended, and may be used in use cases such as CC upgrade failed to download some of the images.
- If you see the message "Backup directory is not valid. Exiting", it means that you didn't supply a valid backup directory.