The goal of this guide is to provide steps to revert a CC environment to a previous version. This process will probably be executed after an upgrade process.
This process will delete the current volumes (and data) and will use the data saved prior to the upgrade (old CC version, volumes, configurations). This means that if you performed changes in the configurations after the upgrade they will be lost.
- Please make sure you have a "backup directory". This directory is created prior to the upgrade process. The script will use this directory to rollback your system to its previous state.
- Run the "revert.sh" script in the following way:
- Command to use if you have no proxy
sudo bash -c "$(curl -L https://download.skyformation.net/v2/download/installer/edge/revert.sh)" $@ 2>&1 | tee "revert-at-`date --iso-8601=ns`.log"
- Command to use if you have a proxy (enter your proxy instead of https://proxyserver:8080)
sudo bash -c "$(curl -x https://proxyserver:8080 -L https://download.skyformation.net/v2/download/installer/edge/revert.sh)" $@ 2>&1 | tee "revert-at-`date --iso-8601=ns`.log"
3. You should see the message "The system has been reverted to its original state" when the process completed.
Note: you may use the flag -b or --backup_dir: backup directory for the configurations before the upgrade, for example:
curl -L https://download.skyformation.net/v2/download/installer/edge/revert.sh > revert.sh
chmod +x revert.sh
sudo ./revert.sh --backup_dir=/opt/exabeam/backup
If you will not use the flag, the script will prompt you to enter the backup-dir with the message:
"This script should be executed after upgrade / backup process. Please enter the path of the backup directory:"
- If you see the message "Backup directory is not valid. Exiting", it means that you didn't supply a valid backup directory.