If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main challenges and needs are to:
- Get all audit events and alerts from Mimecast Email Security service into your SIEM/Log management system.
- The granular alerts and events should be available at the organization’s central log or event management system for compliance, investigation or forensic needs.
What is it
SkyFormation for Mimecast Email Security Connector is part of the SkyFormation Collect (c) module. It continuously retrieves events and alerts from the different sources/APIs in the Mimecast Email Security service and sends the events in a unified format to any existing SIEM/Log management system.
How it works
SkyFormation for Mimecast Email Security Connector retrieves the events from the Mimecast Email Security service through its APIs. Before sending the events to the existing SIEM/SOC system the connector will
- Unify the events into the SkyFormation unified application events format
- Embed the origin event into the SkyFormation event as a blob
- Parse the origin event into a set of dedicated key-value fields
- Enrich the event with detection context (e.g. AD identity information)
- Encode the resulted event into the target SIEM/SOC system standard format (e.g. CEF)
- Send the event to the existing SIEM/SOC system over syslog
Connector's API/Audit Sources & Events Supported
|Audit Source (API)||Service/Module Covered||Event Included|
|Email Data Feed||
Data for all clean email messages that are delivered as well as any messages that are suspected to be malicious.